LEADING A LEAN TRANSFORMATION
RCF Associates has helped numerous organizations transform their business models using Lean business practices and concepts. We now offer a unique training module of hands-on and case study that give the participants the opportunity to learn, visualize, and understand the challenges and opportunities of Leading a Lean Transformation. This three and a half day module is spread over time to enable the participants to absorb and reinforce the concepts in their own lives*. We will encourage them to come to the next session loaded with questions and experiences to share and increase the depth of knowledge for all.
Additionally, this module is done in conjunction with a real life challenge from the participant's own working environment. The goal is to get participants to quickly applying what they are learning to a meaningful 'skin-in-the-game' challenge to encourage learning, implementation and improvement.
Are you working harder or smarter? A successful Lean transformation leads to increased operational efficiency and improved client satisfaction, ultimately driving increased profitability. Whether you are at the beginning of your Lean journey, or have implemented some Lean techniques and are ready for the next level, Leading a Lean Transformation, will help prepare you to change your organization’s performance and drive the results you want. You will develop the behaviors, values, and problem-solving skills to sustain those results and make continual improvement a norm in your culture. Those in the program will experience a varied delivery approach, with a focus on “learning by doing,” combined with a seamless integration of the use of business case studies, exercises/simulations, and sound thinking. With active application of the new knowledge and thinking to your own operations, you can expect to return to work with a new lens through which you can view existing processes, and a plan to set Lean in motion!
Upon completion of the 3.5 day program and submission and presentation of a completed Lean A3 Report, you will receive a Lean Certification from RCF Associates, a consulting firm dedicated to improving the performance of companies and individuals through process improvement and Lean coaching through experience based, practical and actionable guidance.
Learn how to:
- Recognize value through the eyes of the customer
- Remove non-value-creating activities to increase and improve profitability and productivity
- Make time for the “fun” stuff while “doing more with less”
- Engage staff more effectively and develop their skills
- Create a culture of continuous improvement
- Use inventory as a visual signal of process robustness
- Free up capital and other under-utilized assets through better inventory management
- View your business as a “cross functional value stream” rather than a “silo department”
- Embrace Value Stream Thinking to improve planning, workflow and reduce lead times
- Translate strategy to effective operations
- Incorporate Lean measures that matter into your value streams
YOU’LL WALK AWAY WITH:
- A personal action plan that applies classroom knowledge to current challenges and sets the stage for your continued learning and development
- Ways to use your role as a manager or process leader to make the entire organization function more efficiently and effectively
- The ability to set up and lead a team through a project using good Lean concepts and tools while ensuring improved employee engagement
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Analyze your organization’s processes and immediately apply new knowledge to your enterprise.
- Draw from successful Lean techniques found in value-stream mapping, just-in-time (JIT), standard work, 5S, kanban, kaizen, single-piece flow, A3 thinking and empowered teams to attain a comprehensive understanding of how Lean can work to benefit your organization.
- Enhance the capabilities that help enable your organization’s cost reduction, quality, delivery, flexibility and innovation.
- Improved client satisfaction, engaged associates, and increased productivity.
* This course is normally held in Charlottesville, VA. For other locations, we can customize the program to fit your needs. For more information, contact us and we will be happy to discuss it in more depth.
RCF Associates offers in-depth training to help the business leader tie the concepts and tools of Lean with the best business practices to successfully lead their Lean Transformation.